Vision of the Corporation:
The vision of the Crawfordsville Community School Corporation is to provide each student with a foundation for building a successful future as a responsible, productive citizen in a global society.
Mission and Goals of the Corporation:
The mission and goals of the Crawfordsville Community School Corporation are to:
Support a variety of paths to academic success and lifelong learning.
- Emphasize student focused instruction appropriate to different needs and learning styles
- Expect high levels of academic achievement for all students as measured by standardized assessments
- Utilize our organizational structure to create opportunities to maximize student achievement
- Support teacher and administrator efforts to integrate learning across disciplines
- Support pre- and post-educational opportunities where possible
- Expect instructional excellence from all teaching staff
Support character education and character development in the school community.
- Support, model, and commend upholding the six pillars of character at all levels, recognizing them as integral learning and life skills
- Continue character education activities throughout the corporation
- Promote service learning activities within and beyond the community
Support the appropriate use of fiscal resources to maintain and enhance the community’s investment in education.
- Explore opportunities to make our schools more energy efficient and environmentally friendly
- Continue seeking grants that enhance educational opportunities for students and professional staff
- Continue proactive involvement in the legislative process as it affects the fiscal integrity of our schools
- Buildings will be maintained with an emphasis on educational functionality
Support programs to overcome obstacles that interfere with learning.
- Ensure a safe, orderly, and positive learning environment
- Maintain the health, wellness and nutrition program for students and staff
- Use technology to enhance learning, communication, and organization
- Continue support for credit recovery
- Continue to build and develop partnerships with mental health and other service agencies to support students and families
Support the involvement of parents and community as partners in education.
- Encourage students and families to participate in educational programs
- Use community resources to support academic, social, and civic learning
- Ensure parental and community support and involvement through clear, open, and timely communication
- Encourage and recognize parental and community support and involvement
Dated Adopted: March 13, 2014