10:00 AM - 11:59 PM Cross Country (Co-ed Varsity) vs Sagamore Conference Meet at Southmont JH/SH
10:00 AM - 11:59 PM Football (Boys Junior Varsity) vs Lebanon at Lebanon
6:00 PM - 11:59 PM Soccer (Boys Varsity) vs IHSAA Sectional at Crawfordsville High School
6:00 PM - 11:59 PM Volleyball (Girls Varsity) vs Clinton Prairie at Crawfordsville High School
5:00 PM - 11:59 PM Soccer (Boys Varsity) vs IHSAA Sectional at Crawfordsville High School
5:00 PM - 11:59 PM Soccer (Girls Varsity) vs IHSAA Sectional at Danville
6:00 PM - 11:59 PM Volleyball (Girls Varsity) vs Frankfort at Frankfort
1. SENIORS NEWS
-CHS Seniors….If you did not attend the Jostens meeting on Wednesday, please see Mrs. Ervin in Student Services or Mrs. Saunders in the Main Office.
-Please make sure that you choose the pose you want in this year's Athenian Yearbook. Simply mark the correct pose on the bottom of your form and return it to Mrs. Sims directly or place in the tray outside room 165. If you are planning on retakes. That date is set for Tuesday Oct. 11th. Information for ordering pictures is located on the top half of the sheet. Any questions, see or email Mrs. Sims. If you are wanting to purchase pictures, you will need to do so online at Pettit Photography. No money will be collected here at school.
-Admissions reps from Franklin College and Ivy Tech will be at CHS next week. Sign up on Canvas to attend the meetings.
2. Attention Freshmen: Jostens will be here during Activity Period on Wednesday, October 5th to present class ring packages.
3. Would you like to attend a play? If so, on October 7th the play The Fannie Lou Hamer Story - A multi-award winning one-woman play written and performed by Mzuri Moyo Aimbaye will be at Salter Hall from 1:30-3:00. This is free and open to the public.
4. Attention all CHS Students: Do you like to dance? Would you like to perform all across the state for hundreds of people? Then consider joining the Winter Color Guard! The call out meeting will be held in the CHS Commons on October 4th at 7pm. If you have any questions contact Mr. Tebbe!
5. Today’s spotlight for Hispanic appreciation month is Sylvia Rivera.. Sylvia Rivera became an icon for the gay and transgender rights movements. She was born in NewYork City in 1951 and is of Venezuelan and Puerto Rican descent.
6. A reminder to CTE students - Please sign and return your contract by this Friday. If you did not get a contract and attendance guidelines, please pick them up in Student Services.
7. CHS...please check the Friday detention list located on the office windows...it has been updated. A suspension will be issued for any student not attending an assigned Friday detention.
8. Wednesday October 5th there will be a wrestling team meeting in Mr. Montgomery’s room during activity period. This meeting is for anyone who plans on being part of the 2022-23 CHS wrestling team.
9. If you want to be a Sunshine Member for this school year, you must turn in your forms and required items to Mrs. Fuller (Room 217) by the end of the day!
The boys soccer team picked up a 3-0 win over the Danville Warriors to finish their regular season last evening. The boys will be back in action on Tuesday in the sectional at 5 pm against Southmont.
The volleyball team fell in 5 games to Danville last night. The girls have a home match on Monday against Clinton Prairie starting at 6 pm.
The boys tennis team won the sectional last night with a 4-1 victory over Southmont. Wyatt Motz and Rowan Gambrel secured the first two points with straight-set victories. Thomas Bowling and Nolan Watt saved 3 match points before defeating their opponents to clinch the title. To finish off the evening, Jude Hutchison and Jude Coursey won a third-set tiebreaker to finish the evening. The Athenians will host Terre Haute South on Tuesday in the Regional here at the CHS courts.