CHS DAILY ANNOUNCEMENTS
1. Students - You MUST bring a mask with you to school. We don’t have the resources to provide masks “if you forget” to bring yours to school. Put your mask and an extra in your backpack at the end of the day so you’ll have it tomorrow. Masks must be worn at all indoor activities unless you are actively participating in the activity or event. This is in accordance with our new mask policy
2. Students - be sure to check your gmail and Canvas announcements daily. There’s lots of important information there.
3. Do you enjoy Haunted Houses? How would you like to be one of the actors who scare people as they go through? If this sounds like your cup of tea, this call-out is for you! The CHS Haunted Trail is underway, and we are looking for incredible actors to make this year's event amazing on October 29th and 30th. To sign up, come see Mrs. Ajayi in room 171. Sign up quickly before all of the best spots are filled!
4. CHS...please make sure you check the Friday detention list located on the office window...it has been updated...you will be held responsible
5. Seniors…..A representative from the Marines will be at CHS during activity period on Wednesday, October 27th to meet with anyone interested in learning more about enlisting. Sign up on Canvas
6. Senior fall sport athletes…we will be recognizing you and your fellow classmates at halftime of Friday’s football game against Frankfort
7. Hey CHS students, do you like riding your bike? If so, CHS is starting a cycling club and would like for you to be a part of it. If interested please stop by Mr. Cutchin's room and sign up on the clipboard on his door.
8. Seniors - Valpo University, Wabash College and Tricoci school of cosmetology will be at CHS after fall break. Sign up on Canvas if interested in learning more about these schools.
School days that start with a 2- hour delay will begin at 10:40. Dismissal remains the same at 3:45. To opt into our text messaging service text "Y" or "Yes" to 67587. You may also opt out of this service by replying "Stop" to one of our messages.
The CMS Athletic Department has a spirit shirt sale going on now while supplies last. Our '21 - '22 spirit shirt is available in the front office for $25. We have both youth and adult sizes available. We accept payment of cash or check (payable to CMS). Wearing this shirt to a home event will get your student into the game for Free!
Late start Wednesdays start this week, August 11th. CMS will open for entry at 8:40 with school starting at 9:20. Dismissal remains the same at 3:45.
If there is a change in transportation for your student, please call the office no later than 3:00 pm.
If your child is missing any items, please encourage them to check the lost & found located just outside the cafeteria. We want to be sure we can reunite students with their lost items. If possible, please label all items with your student's name.
WHAT IS USEFUL ON OUR WEBSITE UNDER "FOR PARENT"?
Lunch App...Use this to apply for assistance for textbooks and lunches.
Meal Plan..."Send Money to School"...Use this to setup an online lunch account for your child so that you may make payments, checkbalances, view history and transfer money.
Volunteer Approval..."SafeVisitor"...Use this to have a background check. You need to have a background every year in order to come to the school, help with class activities or eat lunch, etc. You cannot go any farther than the office if you do not have a background.
SWIM SCHEDULE IS ON OUR WEBSITE CALENDAR! PLEASE CHECK IT SO YOU WILL KNOW WHEN YOUR CHILD NEEDS TO BRING THEIR SWIMSUIT TO SCHOOL.
NO SCHOOL ~ September 3 / Labor Day
BIKE N' HIKE ~ Monday, September 24 / Details to come at a later date
ALL CHILDREN MUST BE ACCOMPANIED BY AN ADULT!
PICTURE DAY ~ Wednesday, October 3rd
END OF FIRST GRADING PERIOD ~ Friday, October 5
3RD GRADE MUSIC PROGRAM ~ Tuesday, October 9
NO SCHOOL ~ FALL BREAK ~ Monday, October 15 through Friday, October 19
PICTURE RETAKE MORNING ~ Wednesday, November 14.
NO SCHOOL ~ Wednesday, November 21 - Friday, November 23 / Thanksgiving Break
NO SCHOOL ~ Monday, December 24 - January 7 / Winter Break
STUDENTS RETURN TO SCHOOL TUESDAY, JANUARY 8.
- Clothing should cover the student while in a seated position and/or when raising arms.
- Clothing should cover undergarments and the midriff at all times.
- Shirts/dresses with large armholes and spaghetti straps are not permitted.
- Shoes should allow the student to walk, climb, and play safely.
- Flip flops are not permitted. Shoes must have a closed toe.
If you are only able to communicate by text, Hose now has a number that you may text to communicate with the office. The number is 765-761-4562.