CHS DAILY ANNOUNCEMENTS
1. If you are missing a credit or would like to get ahead, you should sign-up for summer school Credit Recovery program. This “online” high school is great for a student who has failed a course or wants to earn extra credits. The class will run from 8:00-12:00 during June. Space is limited. Visit Student Services for additional information and an application.
2. CHS...please check the Friday detention list located on the office windows...it has been updated. A suspension will be issued for any student not attending an assigned Friday detention.
3. Disc Golf Club: we will have our disc golf outing this Saturday at Milligan Park. We'll meet at 12:30, have pizza and play a round of disc golf. See or contact Mr. Brainard to sign up.
4. If you are in need of service hours or want to join in the fun, Mrs. Grady will host two evenings for seed packing and crafting as projects for the Master Gardener Seed Library. The events will be Monday and Wednesday, May 15 & 17 from 4:00 -6:00 pm in her art room. Hope to see you there!
5. Attention, Athenians! It is almost the end of the school year. Please return all your library books to the media center!
6. Jostens will be here at lunch today to collect payment and hand out caps and gowns. If you have a balance, it must be paid prior to receiving your order. Cash only! They will be set up in the cafeteria from 11:30-1pm today only. You will want to make sure you have your cap and gown for Monday's Senior Walk!
7. There will be a short meeting on Friday, May 19th at 8:20 AM in Room 203 for girls who plan on playing volleyball this fall. Before school, next Friday, make sure you are here!
Doors open at 8:00am. School starts at 8:40. Breakfast is served in Advisory Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday. On late start Wednesday breakfast will be served in the cafeteria before school. School dismissal is at 3:45.
Late start Wednesdays start August 17th. CMS will open for entry at 8:40 with school starting at 9:20. Dismissal remains the same at 3:45.
The CMS Athletic Department has a spirit shirt sale going on now while supplies last. Our '22 - '23 spirit shirt is available in the front office for $25. We have both youth and adult sizes available. We accept payment of cash or check (payable to CMS). Wearing this shirt to a home event will get your student into the game for Free!
If there is a change in transportation for your student, please call the office no later than 3:00 pm.
School days that start with a 2- hour delay will begin at 10:40. Dismissal remains the same at 3:45. To opt into our text messaging service text "Y" or "Yes" to 67587. You may also opt out of this service by replying "Stop" to one of our messages.
If your child is missing any items, please encourage them to check the lost & found located just outside the cafeteria. We want to be sure we can reunite students with their lost items. If possible, please label all items with your student's name.
WHAT IS USEFUL ON OUR WEBSITE UNDER "FOR PARENT"?
Lunch App...Use this to apply for assistance for textbooks and lunches.
Meal Plan..."Send Money to School"...Use this to setup an online lunch account for your child so that you may make payments, checkbalances, view history and transfer money.
Volunteer Approval..."SafeVisitor"...Use this to have a background check. You need to have a background every year in order to come to the school, help with class activities or eat lunch, etc. You cannot go any farther than the office if you do not have a background.
SWIM SCHEDULE IS ON OUR WEBSITE CALENDAR! PLEASE CHECK IT SO YOU WILL KNOW WHEN YOUR CHILD NEEDS TO BRING THEIR SWIMSUIT TO SCHOOL.
NO SCHOOL ~ September 3 / Labor Day
BIKE N' HIKE ~ Monday, September 24 / Details to come at a later date
ALL CHILDREN MUST BE ACCOMPANIED BY AN ADULT!
PICTURE DAY ~ Wednesday, October 3rd
END OF FIRST GRADING PERIOD ~ Friday, October 5
3RD GRADE MUSIC PROGRAM ~ Tuesday, October 9
NO SCHOOL ~ FALL BREAK ~ Monday, October 15 through Friday, October 19
PICTURE RETAKE MORNING ~ Wednesday, November 14.
NO SCHOOL ~ Wednesday, November 21 - Friday, November 23 / Thanksgiving Break
NO SCHOOL ~ Monday, December 24 - January 7 / Winter Break
STUDENTS RETURN TO SCHOOL TUESDAY, JANUARY 8.
In an effort to reduce paper use, we no longer print off the menus monthly however there is an app for that! Search for School Menus by Nutrislice in the App Store or you can access it from the Hose homepage. Click here to see the menu page.
- Clothing should cover the student while in a seated position and/or when raising arms.
- Clothing should cover undergarments and the midriff at all times.
- Shirts/dresses with large armholes and spaghetti straps are not permitted.
- Shoes should allow the student to walk, climb, and play safely.
- Flip flops are not permitted. Shoes must have a closed toe.
If you are only able to communicate by text, Hose now has a number that you may text to communicate with the office. The number is 765-761-4562.
If you would like to apply for Free and Reduced Lunch, click on lunchapp.com
If you would like to set up an online lunch account for your child so that you may make payments, check balances, view history and transfer money, click on sendmoneytoschool.com