WCISSC Parent Resources
Info for Parents:
- IDOE - Notice of Procedural Safeguards
- IDOE - Notice of Procedural Safeguards - Spanish
- Navigating the Course: Finding your way through Indiana's Special Education Rules (Article 7)
- Navigating the Course (Article 7) - Spanish
- Article 7 -Spanish - May 2019 Update with Index
- Indiana State Board of Education (Special Education Rules Title 511 Article 7 Rules 32-47)
Resources and Links:
- Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA)
Federal special education legislation.
- Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA)
Federal education legislation replacing No Child Left Behind.
- Indiana Department of Education (IDOE)
The official Department of Education site for educational information.
- Indiana Institute on Disability and Community (IIDC)
The Indiana institute works to put good ideas into everyday practice in schools and community settings to improve choices and quality of life for people with disabilities and their families.
- About Special Kids (ASK)
A parent-to-parent group.
Provides Indiana families and service providers the information and training necessary to assure effective educational programs and appropriate services for children and young adults with disabilities.
- Division of Disability and Rehabilitative Services (DDRS)
Manages the delivery of services to children and adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities.
- The Social Security and Supplemental Security Income
Disability programs and Federal programs that provide assistance to people with disabilities. While these two programs are different in many ways, both are administered by the Social Security Administration and only individuals who have a disability and meet medical criteria may qualify for benefits under either program.
- Indiana Resource Center for Autism
Training, research, consultation and education to support children and adults on the autism spectrum. See also the link to Summer Camps and Programs.
- Hands in Autism
Interdisciplinary Training and Resources Center for outreach and training.
- Family Voices Indiana
Assists Families raising children with special health care needs, parent-to-parent.
Indiana Autism Society Chapters and Support Groups
The Indiana Resource Center for Autism maintains a list of Autism Society Chapters and Parent Support Groups in Indiana.